Purpose: The Maintenance/Grounds is responsible for performing minor repairs and maintenance on equipment and supplies of the facility. Must use care and good judgment in using supplies of the facility. Must use care and good judgment in using supplies and equipment. Follows established safety rules and policies and procedures of the maintenance department. Must be able to cooperate with Administrator, other employees, residents, and vendors. Must be aware of and willing to tolerate the special traits and deficiencies of elderly people. Must use care and good judgment when operating and maintaining facility vehicles. To care and maintain all plants, bushes, lawns, walkways, gutters and sprinkler systems of Magnolia Crossing.
Reports To: Administrator
Primary Job Duties:
- Maintains the facility and documents in good repair and kept free of hazards.
- Maintains the building in compliance with federal, state and local laws.
- Maintains the fire alarm and emergency protocols in good working order.
- Performs monthly maintenance check of buildings, grounds, and facilities.
- Performs routine maintenance and repair work.
- Coordinates maintenance work with other departments.
- Attends in-service education programs.
- Paints and performs minor wall patching with putty.
- Organizes and directs in fire drills.
- Maintains required records and reports.
- Performs duties of washing windows.
- Maintains the facility in a safe and clean environment.
- Keeps work areas and storage rooms neat and orderly.
- Follows established safety rules and policies and procedures of the facility.
- Mow lawns as needed
- Edge and trim grass around sidewalks
- Trim bushes, hedges, and trees as needed for shape and size.
- Pull weeds around the grounds with necessary equipment.
- Do basic maintenance and repair to power equipment and hand tools, i.e. fill gas and check blades, wheels and chains
- Know basic operation and replacement of sprinklers includes adjustment to spray and unclogging plugged units.
- Transferring residents to and from appointments as needed.
- Performs other duties as may be requested from Administrator.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- At least one (1) year of experience is desired, but not required. Have the ability to operate and maintain mowers, lawn edgers, weed eaters, and other grounds equipment. Must know how to operate and repair sprinkler systems, be able to trim and weed flower beds in an appropriate manner, possess the ability to effectively communicate with residents and staff regarding ground needs.
- Should be at least 18 years old.
- Must be able to follow oral and written instructions.
- Must be able and willing to perform duties inside and outside the facility when necessary.
- Must have a valid California driver’s license.
- May be required to work any shifts and any days of the week. May be required to work after regular hours, on holidays, and weekends.
- May have to work indoors with all types of lighting issues to accomplish duties.
- May have to stand, walk, kneel, climb, etc.
- Subject to burns, falls, cuts, and bruises, etc.
- May have to work outdoors during all types of weather to accomplish duties.
SEND RESUME OR COMPLETED EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION TO
PAUL ROCHA, ADMINISTRATOR
Electronic Submission Only