Purpose: The resident assistant provides care and assistance to residents with a Holistic approach to encourage independence as well as ensure we provide and maintain the highest degree of quality of care. Resident Assistants will promote physical health, comfort, maintain dignity and general well-being at all times.
Reports To: Wellness Coordinator
Primary Job Duties:
- Assists in promoting comfort and general well-being of residents. Use time effectively, work with thoroughness and be accurate in how he/she performs with job tasks assigned.
- Assists residents with dressing, grooming, shower, walking, reality orientation and encouraging and assisting with independence with activities of daily living.
- Performs all duties in accordance with applicable policies and procedures and as instructed by the supervisor in a manner designed to emphasize resident safety and comfort.
- Assisted living residents utilize the call system in case they require assistance, staff is to answer promptly when call system is being utilized and/or alerts are alarming. Keep constant communication between other staff members to inform of location and be prepared when called upon. i.e. emergency bag, DNR list, etc.
- Document care, medications and treatment assistance thoroughly, accurately and in a timely manner according to guidelines set forth by supervisor.
- Practices safe work habits with all equipment used for and by the residents.
- Promotes resident safety as well as prevent fire hazards and assist with evacuation in the event of an emergency.
- Maintain knowledge of all personal care procedures and equipment use as indicated by Wellness Coordinator.
- Provides and maintains an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest and positivity to ensure a calm environment throughout the unit.
- Ensure that resident’s rights to fair and equitable treatment, self-determination, individuality, privacy, property and civil rights, including the right to wage a complaint, are followed at all times. Report all complaints including alleged resident abuse to your supervisor immediately.
- Performs laundry and housekeeping duties as they apply to the personal care of the residents according to the procedures assigned by the Wellness Coordinator.
- Assists with the cooking, and serving of meals in dining area and with trays to resident rooms when applicable. Provide snacks if applicable.
- Assists, and participates in preparing residents for activities, social and/or medical programs/appointment’s. Complete necessary paperwork prior to appointments if necessary.
- Maintain confidentiality of all resident care information to assure resident rights are protected.
- Staff is in charge of ordering medications in a timely manner and communicating with other staff/supervisor if any problems arise.
- Staff to perform alert check’s and document.
- Assures that established smoking regulations are followed by personnel, visitors, and residents.
- All other duties as assigned by the Wellness Coordinator.
Educational and Experience Requirements:
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- First aide certification. (Must be kept active)
- Certified Nurse Assistant by State of California required
- Previous experience working as a nurse assistant is preferred but not required.
- Must exude personal warmth, ability to get along with people and a genuine liking for the elderly.
- Must be able to work as instructed and be willing to accept responsibility.
- Must have a neat and professional appearance.
- Must use patience and tact in dealing with elderly persons; have ability to adjust to diversified types of personalities and varied situations.
- Must be willing and able to provide normal daily hygienic care.
- Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Must have good telephone communication skills.
- Must have dependable attendance and be punctual.
- Must be able to use radio appropriately.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- Must be able to plan and organize schedule to accomplish required level of tasks during the work day.
- Must attend required training and educations sessions offered by facility
- Must be able to lift at minimum of fifty (50) lbs.
- All other duties assigned.
- Stands, bends, lifts and moves throughout the day
- May be exposed to infectious waste
- May be required to work after regular work hours, on holidays and on weekends.
- May be required to work on shifts other than the one initially hired for.
- May be required to deliver services to residents under many conditions and circumstances including those under emotional stress and hostile residents.
Equipment Used: Stethoscopes, B/P cuffs, digital or oral thermometers, scales, med/tx carts, scissors, copy machine, fax machine, telephones, pens, paper clips, plastic bags, refrigerators, gloves, walkie-talkies, gait belt, walkers, canes, commodes, shower chairs, meal carts & trays, nail clippers, and fire extinguisher.
SEND RESUME OR COMPLETED EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION TO
FRANCES HERNANDEZ, ADMINISTRATOR
Electronic Submission Only